Real Life Stories
What Is Love?
1. When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn't bend over
and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandpa does it for
her now all the time, even when his hands got arthritis
too. That's love.
Rebecca - age 8
2. When someone loves you, the way they say your name is
different. You just know that your name is safe in their
Billy - age 4
3. Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on
shaving Cologne and they go out and smell each other.
Kari - age 5
4. Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most
of your French Fries without making them give you any of
Chrissy - age 6
5. Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.
Terri - age 4
6. Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she
takes a sip giving it to him, to make sure the taste is
Danny - age 7
7. Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get
tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you
talk more. My mommy and daddy are like that. They look gross
when they kiss.
Emily - age 8
(Related Page - Inspirational
8. Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you
stop opening presents and listen.
Bobby - age 7
9. If you want to learn to love better, you should start
with a friend who you hate.
Nikka - age 6
10. Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then
he wears it everyday.
Noelle - age 7
11. Love is like a little old woman and a little old man
who are still friends, even after they know each other so
Tommy - age 6
12. My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone
else kissing me to sleep at night.
Clare - age 6
13. Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and
still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.
Chris - age 7
(Related Page - Short
14. Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you
left him alone all day.
Mary Ann - age 4
15. When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down
and little stars come out of you.
Karen - age 7
16. Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and doesn't
think it's gross.
Mark - age 6
17. You really shouldn't say "I LOVE YOU" unless
you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot.
Jessica - age 8
And the winner was a 4 year old child whose next door neighbor
was an elderly man who had just lost his wife. When the
child saw the man cry, the little boy went over into the
man's yard and climbed on top of the man's lap and just
When the boy's mother asked him what he'd said to the neighbor,
the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."
Inspired? Share this page with your
More Inspirational Stories
Moral Stories For Children
Moral Stories For Kids
Moral Stories For Students
Motivational Short Stories